Viator's Worry-Free Guarantee
Viator is committed to making your shore excursions 100% worry-free. When you book with Viator, you're booking with the world's largest and most trusted source for tours and ports of call activities.
Viator's Worry-Free Guarantee protects you two ways. First, if your shore excursion is canceled due to weather, or if your ship arrives late or is unable to get into port, you will be issued a full refund.
Second, when you book a qualifying shore excursion with Viator, you are guaranteed a timely return to your cruise ship. And in the unlikely event that you are not returned to your ship in time to board, we will arrange transport to the next port-of-call. So don't be intimidated by cruise line scare tactics! When you book qualifying shore excursions with Viator, we guarantee you'll make it back to your ship on time.
No hassles, no gimmicks. That's our worry-free promise to you!
Other things you should know about our Worry-Free Guarantee
- Viator's Worry-Free Guarantee is available to any customer who makes a qualifying purchase through the Viator Shore Excursions website.
- To qualify, the shore excursion must specifically state it is covered by Viator's Worry-Free Guarantee and list the “Worry-Free Guarantee” in the ‘Inclusions’ section of the relevant tour/activity. Only products that include the Worry-Free Guarantee language are considered qualifying purchases.
- Sightseeing tickets or passes, show tickets, concert tickets and event tickets are not covered by Viator's Worry-Free Guarantee.
- The Worry-Free Guarantee applies only to our contracted local suppliers and only when, through no fault or action of your own, you are not returned to the ship in time to board. The Worry-Free Guarantee is void in instances where delay is caused by your own actions and/or you have deviated from the Viator activity or tour.
- When booking with us, you must supply accurate arrival and departure information for your ship and ensure there is enough time (minimum of 2 hours) between the tour end time and the ship departure time.
- If you are not returned to your ship in time to board, Viator will select and book travel to the next port of call (not to exceed USD$1,000 per person). You must contact Viator directly to request next port-of-call transportation arrangements. You cannot book your own travel without the prior consent of Viator.
- Cancellations due to weather: You will be issued a full refund in the event that one of our contracted local suppliers decides to cancel your tour or activity due to weather.
- Missed port or late ship arrival: You will be issued a full refund in the event that your ship does not make it to port in time for the start of your tour or activity. You will also be issued a full refund for tours and activities cancelled due to a ship's inability to get into port.
- Qualifying refunds will be processed to the credit card used for the original booking.
Viator reserves the right to verify details of your cancellation or Worry-Free claim. All refund and reimbursement decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Viator. See our Terms & Conditions for complete details.
Worry-Free Guarantee: How to Contact Us
Are you requesting a refund due to weather, a missed port or late ship arrival?
- For fastest service log into your account, select the ‘My Bookings’ tab, navigate to the specific tour in question and click ‘Request Refund’. You can expect a reply from us in 12–24 hours in most cases.
- Alternatively, complete the form on our Customer Care page. Please note it may take up to 72 hours to respond to refund requests submitted via email.
Do you need immediate assistance because you were not returned to your ship in time to board?
- Call us at +1 (702) 749 5743 weekdays 2am to 9pm, weekends 6am to 5pm, Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- At all other times call us at +61 (2) 8219 5490 (select option #5).
- Please note these numbers are not for general customer service. Only customers needing immediate assistance to the next port of call will be assisted.