Spend your time in the port of Santorini discovering the wonders of the island. On this private shore excursion, you will visit the island's capital, Fira, and the dramatic town of Oia, home to dwellings nestled in volcanic rock. At the Akrotiri excavation site, you will see the remains of one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean region. Your private tour guide will entertain you during your tour with interesting details and stories about Santorini.
Shore Excursion Highlights
- Private shore excursion around Santorini
- See the best of the island on this sightseeing tour
- Visit the dramatically situated towns of Oia and Fira
- Friendly guide will provide information about the sights
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
While you are in port in Santorini, see the beauty of the island on this private shore excursion. Hop in a small local boat and make your way to the Fira harbor, where you’ll jump in a private luxury car with your local guide and proceed to the archeological site of Akrotiri. Often compared to Pompeii, Akrotiri is a site from an earlier age and preserves amazing ruins that date back to the 2nd millennium BC. Walk through the passageway in the excavated area, and marvel at the beautiful pottery, the two- and three-story houses (once decorated with wonderful wall-paintings) and the staircases.
Continue through the beautiful Santorini countryside to the village of Oia. Built on the northern part of the caldera rim, Oia is a place where many artists have found their inspiration. Enjoy the stunning views of the caldera, where many dwellings are built into niches of the volcanic rock. You’ll also have panoramic views of the rest of Santorini and the Aegean Sea.
Fira, your next stop, is the attractive capital of Santorini, perched on the caldera rim where the land slopes gently in one direction and falls steeply into the sea in the other. In Fira, you can either explore the town and its little shops at your leisure or take the cable car to Santorini port, where your cruise ship waits.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Santorini port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Time (local time)
Tour start time will be adjusted to your ship's arrival. You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour and Pricing Options
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD. Click here to change your currency.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cable-car tickets
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (approx. 3 euros)
- Boat to Fira harbor
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Akrotiri Excavation is closed on Mondays. Alternatively you will enjoy in Oia
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.