See the best of Hamburg while you’re in port on an easy and convenient hop-on hop-off tour, including two cruises – a harbor cruise and a panoramic sightseeing cruise on Lake Alster! Set your own itinerary on this perfect do-it-yourself combination shore excursion in Hamburg. The hop-on hop-off tour allows you to see Hamburg’s top attractions at your own pace aboard a comfortable double-decker bus, while the one-hour harbor cruise and one-hour Lake Alster sightseeing cruise provide great views from the water. See all the major attractions, including St Michael Church, the newly built Hamburg Harbor City and the infamous Reeperbahn red-light district!
Shore Excursion Highlights
- Hamburg hop-on hop-off shore excursion
- 1-hour harbor cruise and 1-hour Lake Alster cruise included
- The most convenient and comprehensive way to see the city while you're in port!
- See top Hamburg attractions including Reeperbahn, Harbor City and St Michael church
Recent Photos of this Tour
Browse the gallery of recent Hamburg Shore Excursion: Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Harbor and Lake Alster Cruises photos submitted by actual, honest-to-goodness travelers on Viator.
Set your own itinerary and explore Hamburg at your own pace when you’re in port on this convenient shore excursion. The hop-on hop-off bus tour allows you to simply hop off at the stop you want and return to any stop to continue your tour! Board one of the red double-decker buses at the St Pauli port landing piers, and begin your sightseeing adventure, hopping off at Town Hall Square, the main train station or at any other stop on the route. Your ticket is valid for the whole day.
Then, get another perspective of Hamburg on your included one-hour harbor sightseeing cruise with English commentary (from April to October). The boat leaves daily at 12pm from the landing piers of the Hamburg port. Cruise along Hamburg's picturesque warehouse district to Hamburg's Harbour City, one of Europe's biggest urban development projects with the new concert hall, Elbphilharmonie, built on the roof of a storehouse. Sit back and relax.
When you’re back on land, head out on another sightseeing cruise! Your included one-hour Lake Alster cruise leaves from Jungfernstieg Passage in central Hamburg, only a short walk from Town Hall Square. The boat will take you along the shoreline of Hamburg's inner-city lake, lined with impressive villas and beautiful garden areas. Multi-lingual audio commentary is available on board.
Finish your day with a traditional cup of tea (included) at the teashop in the heritage-listed Krameramt district, an area of former merchants' homes built in the 17th century (hop-on hop-off stop is St Michael Church).
See the Itinerary section below for a full list of hop-on hop-off tour stops.
This excursion is located within a 10-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Hamburg. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy
- Make sure that you first present your voucher to the bus driver. The driver will collect the voucher and you will receive a ticket, also for the cruise.
- Hop-on hop-off tour: Hamburg port landing pier 1-2
- Harbor cruise: Hamburg port landing pier 1 or 4
- Lake Alster Cruise: Jungfernstieg in central Hamburg
Departure Time (local time)
Hamburg Hop-on Hop-off Tour:
April - October:
9:30am to 5pm, every 30 minutes (weekdays)
to 5pm, every 20 minutes (weekends)
November - March:
10am to 4pm, every hour (weekdays)
9:30am to 4pm, every 30 minutes (weekends)
April - October: 12pm (English commentary)
Lake Alster Cruise:
April to September:
10am to 6pm, every 30 minutes
10am, 11am - 4pm every 30 minutes, 5pm
November - December:
10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm, 4pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6pm
January - March:
10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm
You may disembark at any of the available stops
Tour and Pricing Options
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD. Click here to change your currency.
- 1-day hop-on hop-off tour ticket
- Live commentary on board (English, German)
- 1-hour harbor cruise with English commentary (Apr to Oct only)
- 1-hour Lake Alster cruise with multi-lingual audio-guide
- A cup of tea in the traditional tea shop of Krameramt district
- Gratuities (optional)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
Hop On Off Tour Stops - Departure port landing piers
- Port landing piers 1-2
- Auf dem Sande - Hamburg Dungeon
- Shanghaiallee - Maritime Museum
- Tube stop Steinstrasse
- Spitalerstrasse/Monckebergstrasse - Shopping mile
- Main train station - Kirchenallee
- Holzdamm - Hotel Atlantik
- Fonteney - Hotel Intercontinental
- Moorweidenstrasse - Hotel Elysee
- Marseiller Strabe - Hotel SAS Plaza
- Bei den Kirchenhofen
- Dammtorstrasse - Hotel Oper
- Esplanade - Hotel Baseler Hof
- Neuer Jungfernstieg - Hotel Four Seasons
- Town hall square
- Rodingsmarkt - Hotel Steigenberger
- St Michaelis Church
- Seewartenstrasse - Hotel Hafen Hamburg
- St. Pauli Fishmarket
- Port landing piers 1-2
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.