When your cruise ship docks in Boston, see the best of the region on this sightseeing shore excursion! On this 3.5-hour morning tour, visit important historical areas from the Revolutionary War and learn about important figures like George Washington and Paul Revere. Explore beautiful Harvard University and learn the significance behind every site you see from your expert local guide.
Shore Excursion Highlights
- 3.5-hour sightseeing shore excursion to Cambridge, Lexington and Concord from Boston
- Great tour for history buffs!
- Tour famous historical sites from the Revolutionary War with your expert local guide
- Learn about famous figures like George Washington and Paul Revere
- Visit Harvard University and see homes of writers like Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Travel in a luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
After a short walk from the Boston cruise port to the Seaport Hotel, where your tour departs, your Boston sightseeing shore excursion begins in Cambridge. Drive along ‘Tory Row’ to admire 18th-century Colonial mansions and learn about the American Revolutionary War from your expert local guide. Visit Cambridge Common, where George Washington gathered his troops. Spot the former home of writer Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, whose famous 1860 poem, ‘Paul Revere’s Ride,’ commemorates Paul Revere for riding through Boston, warning the patriots of an oncoming British attack. Then, arrive at the oldest part of Harvard University: Harvard Yard, a beautiful grassy area spanning 25 acres (10 hectares).
Visit Lexington Green, the site of the Battle of Lexington where some of the war’s first shots were fired in 1775. Learn how Captain John Parker commanded the Lexington militia during the Battle of Lexington on April 19, 1775.
In Concord, journey past the homes of world-renowned writers and poets like Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Louisa May Alcott, author of Little Women. Visit a famous battle trail from the Revolutionary War and listen as your guide illustrates interesting historical anecdotes. Finally, make your way to the Old North Bridge, now part of the Minute Man National Historical Park.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
The Seaport Hotel, located within a 15-minute walk from the cruise port.
Departure Time (local time)
8:20 pick-up time. Tour begins at 9:30am
Tour and Pricing Options
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD. Click here to change your currency.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 3 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.